Skillet clams with loads of garlic butter, white wine and parsley. The easiest sauteed clams recipe ever, 15 mins to make.
- 700g clams rinsed, scrubbed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the butter and saute the garlic until slightly browned.
- Add the clams into the skillet, and quickly toss around with the spatula.
- Add the wine and cayenne pepper.
- Cover the skillet and let cook for 1 minute, or until the clams are all open.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley, stir to combine well.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Saba fish (also known as mackerel!) are great for grilling or pan frying as they have a good amount of fat content. The fillets cook until the skin turn crispy and are normally placed over a bed of sliced onions on a hot plate to sizzle in the sweet and savory garlic soy sauce.
- 2 saba fillets (mackerel)
- ½ onion (sliced)
- ⅓ cup light soy sauce
- ½ cup mirin
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spring onions for garnish
- Fry minced garlic until fragrant with 3 tbsp oil
- Add mirin, light soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to boil and set aside
- Pat dry and score saba fillets. Season evenly with salt and pepper
- In a pan with 2 tbsp oil at medium heat, place fillets skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes, flip over and cook the other side for another 4 minutes
- Remove fish from pan and set aside
- Add in sliced onions and pour in garlic soy sauce.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve
Delicious, moist, tender, and crazy delicious cod fish marinated with Japanese miso. This miso cod recipe is made famous by Nobu Matsuhisa.
- 2-3 black cod fillets about 450g
- For the marinate:
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 4 tablespoons white miso paste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Mix the marinate ingredients thoroughly in a plastic container (with lid) and set aside. Save some for plating purposes
- Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels and put them into the plastic container with the marinate. Cover the lid and leave to steep in the refrigerator overnight or for 24 hours
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C
- Preheat an indoor grill at the same time
- Lightly wipe off (with fingers) any excess miso marinate clinging to the fish fillets but don’t rinse it off. Place the fish on the grill and lightly grill on both sides until the surface turns brown
- Transfer the fish fillets to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Add a few extra drops of the marinate on the plate and serve hot.
Quick and easy 3-ingredient Japanese miso glaze for the best and juiciest salmon ever. An amazing homemade recipe that everyone loves.
- 450g skin on salmon fillets preferably about 3/4 inch thick
- Miso Glaze:
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Preheat the oven to broil
- Mix the Miso Glaze ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Clean the salmon, cut into two pieces and pat dry with paper towels
- Put the salmon fillets skin side down on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet leaving space between them and broil for 3 minutes
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, with a spoon, spread the miso mixture over the top of the fillets. Broil for 2 minutes or until the salmon is just barely opaque in the center
Asian Garlic Butter Shrimp – sauteed shrimp with garlic and butter, with mouthwatering Asian flavors! This recipe is outrageously delicious and calls for only five basic ingredients.
- 700g shelled and deveined shrimp
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 4 slices lemon wedges
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat up a wok or skillet on medium heat. Add the melted butter, follow by the garlic. Saute the garlic for 10 seconds and add the shrimp. Stir the shrimp back and forth a few times before adding the fish sauce, sugar, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper, if using.
- Stir and cook, add chopped scallions to the shrimp. Squeeze some lemon juice on top of the shrimp and serve immediately.