Fishes/seafood available for your consideration (number beside is $/kg) :
55 Big Red grouper Whole
65 Malaya threadfin cut
31 Salmon trout
08 Milk Fish
11 Ikan Kuning
13 S Ang Goli
13.8 Leather jacket
13.8 Boon tong
15 Golden pomfret
23 S Red snapper whole
23 B Red snapper whole
23 B White snapper whole
33 SM Chinese pomfret
65 L Chinese pomfret
21 Sea farm prawns
32 Wild sea prawns
There is a long debate on whether the Moon Phase (or some call it Moon Cycle) affects fishing catch. While there are different theories surrounding this topic, one notable factor seems to the effects of tides.
Stronger currents around big tides turn on the feeding switch for most game fishes. And the biggest (spring) tides occur around full and new moons. Whether the light of the moon is a factor or not, tide most likely is in various fisheries. And tidal flow is influenced by moon phase. Taken in that context, most professional fishermen agree that moon phase becomes critical.
Article Credit: https://www.sportfishingmag.com/how-moon-phase-affects-fishing-success
Skillet clams with loads of garlic butter, white wine and parsley. The easiest sauteed clams recipe ever, 15 mins to make.
- 700g clams rinsed, scrubbed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the butter and saute the garlic until slightly browned.
- Add the clams into the skillet, and quickly toss around with the spatula.
- Add the wine and cayenne pepper.
- Cover the skillet and let cook for 1 minute, or until the clams are all open.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley, stir to combine well.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Saba fish (also known as mackerel!) are great for grilling or pan frying as they have a good amount of fat content. The fillets cook until the skin turn crispy and are normally placed over a bed of sliced onions on a hot plate to sizzle in the sweet and savory garlic soy sauce.
- 2 saba fillets (mackerel)
- ½ onion (sliced)
- ⅓ cup light soy sauce
- ½ cup mirin
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spring onions for garnish
- Fry minced garlic until fragrant with 3 tbsp oil
- Add mirin, light soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to boil and set aside
- Pat dry and score saba fillets. Season evenly with salt and pepper
- In a pan with 2 tbsp oil at medium heat, place fillets skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes, flip over and cook the other side for another 4 minutes
- Remove fish from pan and set aside
- Add in sliced onions and pour in garlic soy sauce.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve
Delicious, moist, tender, and crazy delicious cod fish marinated with Japanese miso. This miso cod recipe is made famous by Nobu Matsuhisa.
- 2-3 black cod fillets about 450g
- For the marinate:
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 4 tablespoons white miso paste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Mix the marinate ingredients thoroughly in a plastic container (with lid) and set aside. Save some for plating purposes
- Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels and put them into the plastic container with the marinate. Cover the lid and leave to steep in the refrigerator overnight or for 24 hours
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C
- Preheat an indoor grill at the same time
- Lightly wipe off (with fingers) any excess miso marinate clinging to the fish fillets but don’t rinse it off. Place the fish on the grill and lightly grill on both sides until the surface turns brown
- Transfer the fish fillets to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Add a few extra drops of the marinate on the plate and serve hot.
Quick and easy 3-ingredient Japanese miso glaze for the best and juiciest salmon ever. An amazing homemade recipe that everyone loves.
- 450g skin on salmon fillets preferably about 3/4 inch thick
- Miso Glaze:
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Preheat the oven to broil
- Mix the Miso Glaze ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Clean the salmon, cut into two pieces and pat dry with paper towels
- Put the salmon fillets skin side down on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet leaving space between them and broil for 3 minutes
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, with a spoon, spread the miso mixture over the top of the fillets. Broil for 2 minutes or until the salmon is just barely opaque in the center
Asian Garlic Butter Shrimp – sauteed shrimp with garlic and butter, with mouthwatering Asian flavors! This recipe is outrageously delicious and calls for only five basic ingredients.
- 700g shelled and deveined shrimp
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 4 slices lemon wedges
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat up a wok or skillet on medium heat. Add the melted butter, follow by the garlic. Saute the garlic for 10 seconds and add the shrimp. Stir the shrimp back and forth a few times before adding the fish sauce, sugar, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper, if using.
- Stir and cook, add chopped scallions to the shrimp. Squeeze some lemon juice on top of the shrimp and serve immediately.
We regret to inform you that LadyB Collection of bags & accessories had delisted from Calgorix Lifestyle until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Do drop us a message or email if you have further queries.
LadyB Myanmar is the very first brand in Myanmar, to start as a Local Luxury Fashion & Accessories Brand. It is founded by two sisters who are crazy passionate about handbags & accessories.
The brand was launched on 14th February 2016 and the brand opened their first Flagship Store in Yangon on 5th June 2016. In 2017 March, Mandalay Branch – Flagship Store was opened and in 2017 June Taunggyi Branch – Flagship Store was opened.
Main products of the brand are handbags, wallets, clutches and accessories for handbags – Twilly scarfs & Bag charms. In 2017, the brand introduced the women sneaker line and is now in progress of launching more women shoes variety – heels & slides.
Calgorix Lifestyle will be launching LadyB Myanmar very soon! Stay tuned!