Asian Garlic Butter Shrimp – sauteed shrimp with garlic and butter, with mouthwatering Asian flavors! This recipe is outrageously delicious and calls for only five basic ingredients.
- 700g shelled and deveined shrimp
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 4 slices lemon wedges
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat up a wok or skillet on medium heat. Add the melted butter, follow by the garlic. Saute the garlic for 10 seconds and add the shrimp. Stir the shrimp back and forth a few times before adding the fish sauce, sugar, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper, if using.
- Stir and cook, add chopped scallions to the shrimp. Squeeze some lemon juice on top of the shrimp and serve immediately.